1. Download and install IFIX Series Update Client to PC.
2. Connect the main unit to PC via USB cable and run IFIX Series Update Client. The BOSSCOMM disc icon will be pop-out on PC.
3. Input valid email box and click the green button "Get Verification Code"
4. Input the verification code and click Next.
5. Fill in user details and download diagnostic software online accordingly.
How can I get the serial number?
The serial number cannot be read out under the USB connection mode.
There are two ways to get the serial number:
1. Read the serial number directly from the back side of the machine
2. Connect the main unit PC in order to read out the serial number.
Note: The serial number will be null if the main unit is not connected to PC via USB cable
How to do if the screen displaying Incomplete parameter (MCUID)?
The information “Incomplete parameter (MCUID)” will be displayed during the software update.
Please check the following settings:
1. Have you connected to PC with USB?
2. Have you installed anti-virus wall?
Note: We strongly recommend you to close the anti-virus software during the update.
Why cannot install the BOSSCOMM IFIX series update client correctly?
After installing the BOSSCOMM IFIX Series Update Client software, the system won’t accept the serial number for the auto scanner.
Note: You need to connect the auto scanner to PC with the USB cable before software download.
Why no latest version displayed after download?
The car model on the update list will not be displayed once it is updated to the latest version.
Why the auto scanner doesn’t power up?
If the auto scanner won’t power up or operates incorrectly in any other way,follow the steps below to check the connections:
1. Check if the connector is securely connected to the vehicle’s DLC
2. Check if the DLC pins bent or broken. Clean the DLC pins if necessary.
Why the operating error?
If the auto scanner freezes, then an exception occurs or the vehicle’s ECU is too slow to respond the requests.
Reset the auto scanner first and turn the ignition off and wait for about 10 seconds and turn the ignition back to ON and continue the testing.
Why the vehicle linking error?
A communication error occurs if the auto scanner fails to communicate with the vehicle’s ECU (Electronic Control Unit), follow the steps below to check the connections:
1. Verify that the ignition is ON.
2. Check if the cables or connector are securely connected to the vehicle’s DLC.
3. Turn the ignition off and wait for about 10 seconds and turn the ignition back to ON and continue the testing.
4. Verify the control module is not defective